View Single Post
Old 7th April 2008, 11:41   #7
BigJacko
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 V6 Club (2002)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ned View Post
I am desperate to get some cd player contraption attached to the basic tape deck that is installed,,,,,,any idea on prices?
I paid £125 for a brand-new Symphony radio (the tall one with the LED panel that takes up the left-hand half of the top-plate), plus a brand-new wiring loom to connect to a CD changer, and a recycled CD-changer unit to go in the dashboard. All from SMC Trading (a member on this forum, and recommended trader by all accounts). I would definitely use them again (and have tried once, but they didn't have the thing I wanted in stock! LOL) If you can't get a CD-changer and loom from them, I reckon you might be able to pick one up from Rimmer Bros. I'd expect to pay no more than about £60, for a compatible type and quite possibly less.

Fitting them is easy enough. Took me and a buddy about an hour tops, and we were chatting and giggling most of the time (cos we hadn't seen each other in years!) There are instructions threads here on the forum, I think, in the How-To section.

Your first step though is to identify the radio - if it's already a Symphony (and not a Harmony, which has an LED panel that goes the full width of the display, and isn't as tall as the Symphony) - or indeed, if it's a Hi-Line Sat Nav jobbie, then you may already have the CD loom in place behind the glovebox and can save yourself a few bob on that particular part.

Oh - and I know it's tempting to want to do everything and all the upgrades on day one, but I'd recommend against it. I've been 'lurking' here since December (when I inherited my R75 Tourer), mopping up information, learning things about my car, and finding out what things go awry, and really taking the time to make sure I'm buying the right bit, or fitting it in the right way. I'd advise the same for you - don't rush it. Find out what you've got first, and be sure of it, before you start altering it! Chances are it's already a silk purse, and you don't want to inadvertantly turn it into a sow's ear by rushing things! If in doubt - ask - this lot here are BRILLIANT, Ned, I can vouch for that!