View Single Post
Old 19th June 2009, 16:49   #11
ferryjambo
Regular poster

rover 75 club cdt se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeners View Post
slightly different angle, is the Audi unit a good fit in the dash, and what fuctionality does it have...
Hi,
not really as the pic i posted was cropped, the unit has slightly sloping sides which leave a small gap either side of the double din slot, i am hoping to cover these over with some suitable walnut trim sometime though..

Functionality, well the sat nav works on the old non dx cd based system although newer versions are dvd based, im running a 2006 Gb tele atlas map cd on it & it's great, I've used it with other european navi cd's in europe too..Map view is only 2d though & it has a arrow view with street names too.. Later versions of mine could be coupled with a tv tuner to allow the watching of tv & have tmc too..My unit only plays tele atlas navi cd's & not music cd's so a separate cd changer is a must for music lovers

The radio works perfect, scans & saves stations like any other radio, great reception & the cd changer is the same, i previously had this in my vw golf before selling it & getting my 75. I took out the sat nav & put in the factory fitted vw radio but left in the cd changer when i sold it though.. These units are for sale on fleabay ( i got mine from the local scrap merchants, luckily it had the code with it, but came with no guarantee it would work so i got it for peanuts really & i did work so i landed lucky..

I'd rate it better than the tom tom i used for work too, although it's a big heavy lump of a unit & i had to buy an adapter lead because of the bmw style wiring in my 75 it was worth it when you consider the price & hassle of sourcing & installing a 2nd hand factory fitted type of rover/bmw sat navs..

I hope to try on sunday again with the cd changer, then i'll post up some pics,:lol:

Last edited by ferryjambo; 19th June 2009 at 16:55.. Reason: spelling mistakes
ferryjambo is offline   Reply With Quote