View Single Post
Old 9th August 2023, 14:07   #1
AustinMaxi
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Roof mounted DAB aerial installation

In view of the wide variety of DAB radio stations now available compared to FM, I am considering installing a roof mounted DAB aerial on my 75 tourer. This is the aerial I am looking at: https://www.caraudio4less.co.uk/kine...na-p-2422.html.

I have made a few assumptions regarding the fitting and any comments are welcome.

I plan to drill a hole above the interior light positioned above the rear seats as this looks like it should be far enough forward that the tailgate does not foul the mast when open.

I then plan to route the wires down the passenger side of the headlining and down the passenger side A pillar, behind the glove box into the centre console.

One aspect I have no idea about is the power supply for the aerial. Could I split the power supply to the existing aerial in the glass mounted in the driver's side rear window? I assume there is a wire that runs along the drivers side of the headlining. I would prefer a solution that allows the original VDO CD tuner to be reinstated once the car moves on.
AustinMaxi is offline   Reply With Quote