View Single Post
Old 19th January 2012, 05:20   #22
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Thanks Paul for the tip about getting a lens hood and using the remote from a distance. Both don't cost much yet I do not have any. I was given photoshop elements 10 for Christmas and it included a 30 day full programme of Adobe Premier on another DVD (which I have not loaded as I need to learn elements first).

I would love a long lens up to 500mm but like a lot of people they are so bloomin expensive. The Nikon range is and the Sigma's are not that cheap either.

I am thinking of upgrading my camera later on in the year and am wondering now if I should spend my money on the lens or do I have a go at a camera like the Pentax you have. A family friend has the same camera you have Paul and last year she went on safari with it for the first time in using a DSLR. She posted up some excellent pictures on her facebook, full of colour, details and correct lighting. I am not knocking Nikon, Canon, or Fuji here. All excellent cameras. I do like the results you produced Paul in your nature studies. I am not in the UK long enough to try-the-before-you-buy camera rental scheme and will think and research.

A lot of these cameras are coming down in price, but not the accessories like the lenses. And the other thing is knowing how to use them and them how to edit.

Don't we just love it! It is really good to see new members and the not so new posting up and keeping the photography section going

I am very lucky to be able to live so close to the wild life. It does have some downsides but I won't go into that. I am not complaining
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote