View Single Post
Old 24th March 2017, 07:59   #15
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

My dad was an accountant and he retired a few years ago. Still wears a shirt and tie every day, and arm bands to keep his sleeves up. I asked him why, when he is retired, and he says he feels undressed without them. Wear the same thing 5 days a week for...er...(some maths) years, and I suppose you get used to it!
I hate ties, they make me feel like I'm being choked! I do like a really nice well cut suit, but I have no occasion to wear one, or own one other than funerals and weddings. Literally! I was thinking the other day that if I got an office job, I would have to buy an entire new wardrobe of clothes!
Course, trousers with knee pad pockets built in (and the knee pads, obviously!) are a God send when building and kneeling on nails and rocks and things. And florry jackets are great for not being run over. But mainly, I can get covered in plaster and mud and dust and cement and oil and grease and just hose the clothes off, and bung them in the washing machine. Can't do that with a suit. Well, you could, but it'd be dead afterwards!

It's a modern, utilitarian look for manual workers these days, as oppose to office worker turned builder look of the past. I kind of like the dedicated purposefulness of the ppe, which makes me appreciate suits a whole lot more.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote