View Single Post
Old 11th May 2011, 21:48   #11
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Mk1, Rover 75 Mk2, MGZT-260 Rover 75 CDTI Touring

Hi Martynp. The reason I have started a new thread mate is because this is a new project, the original idea of poking the supercharged 5.0 gt mustang engine in the 75 is not dead, just on hold until 05 is completed, the beauty of rebuilding 05 from 577 is that I will have a spare v8 bodyshell (although damaged) to use as a floor pan/gearbox tunnel donor for a standard rover 75. I will return to that thread once I have completed 05.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martynp View Post
Seem to remember a comment that the existing 75 tunnel for propshaft drive was a boon to the engineers designing the MGR V8, Think another problem still to resolve is which final drive or rear axle you are going to settle on?
I could help with Rover P6V8 parts, assume you have the gearbox?

Pity you opened a new thread as original thread had lots of info, missing from this thread

Admire your adventureist spirit, bit like building a kit car----but more tricky as yours will be a first!
Guess you will need deep pockets!

Seem to remember on ebay that a breakers yard in Axminster? Devon was breaking one winter before last------Guess someone lost it on the winter ice on those Devonshire hills
Try a search on ebay?
Thanks for your comment Zeb, as they say, Watch this space!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
Looking forward to seeing what you do!
Hi Tony, thanks for your wishes mate, the cleaning up of the shell of 05 has gone really well and all of the internal & external parts remaining have been stripped out, I now have a "clean slate" to begin the rebuild process. I am just waiting for my painter to arrive to respray the engine bay once he's done I will strip out 577's bay and install all parts into 05. There is some wiring harness damage to repair but that won't cause me too much of a headache. I need to locate a sump baffle plate & oil pick-up pipe, hopefully they are just Mustang items so they shouldn't be too difficult to come by. Yes, as you quite rightly said 05 doesn't seem to have turned a wheel, the steering wheel (underneath all that green crud & slime) is brand new!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybubble View Post
John now has a proper V8 shell - from the protoype/development car 005. (This car is interesting in the fact that it never really turned a wheel, as it was built and then used as a classroom training vehicle). See here:

As mentioned he also has a written off 260 Tourer, which should provide most of the required parts including the authentic drivetrain.
I wish John every success with his venture and really look forward to seeing the results of his efforts.

Last edited by Dragrad; 21st October 2012 at 03:58.. Reason: Consecutive posts
75.0 is offline   Reply With Quote