View Single Post
Old 12th May 2011, 21:41   #14
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Mk1, Rover 75 Mk2, MGZT-260 Rover 75 CDTI Touring

Hi to all, thanks for your support! I have posted some pics to show the progress so far. The first two are of 05 as it was when delivered to me, the next is of the engine bay stripped & thoroughly cleaned ready for paint, the next is the boot area now completely devoid of some pretty strange pondlife, vegetation and all manner of weird squiggly things, the interior floor area of the shell had similar beasties in it along with a ton of shattered glass, ah, vandals eh, bless'em! The last is the interior dried out and cleaned ready for stripping. Interestingly enough, the lower left corner of the spare wheel well is the ONLY place on the shell with any sign of corrosion, remarkable when you think that it has been sat outside, uncovered, full of water and in all weathers for an awfully long time! The rust was literally only on the surface (where the paint had gone a bit flaky) and has now been treated, awaiting paint.
I had a really interesting conversation with messenger this morning and he reliably informs me that a Mustang oil pick up pipe is not the same as a 260, but he has graciously offered to obtain one and all of the other sump parts for me. Tonybubble has also come forward with contact details of somewhere where I can obtain the pipe. That's the beauty of being on here, always plenty of willing people ready to help, thanks guys! I will post some more shots soon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Corin Pics 004.jpg (141.7 KB, 492 views)
File Type: jpg Corin Pics 005.jpg (139.2 KB, 489 views)
File Type: jpg 05 001.jpg (138.7 KB, 479 views)
File Type: jpg 05 004.jpg (134.3 KB, 454 views)
File Type: jpg 05 005.jpg (139.1 KB, 463 views)