View Single Post
Old 27th December 2016, 18:34   #2
Stickman
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon

Hi rob
Concerning yr questions I've done some of the mods yr asking about
The way I did my car I removed the original stereo and replaced it with a single disc cd/ radio with USB port on the front (less than a hundred quid @ Halfords)
This gives you the option of iPod and hands free for yr fone
Also you can use a memory stick etc
What I did in my car was remove the stereo and heater control panel and the a pillar trims (all easily removed) I then routed a multi socket adapter which resides in the glovebox- you can power this either from the cigar lighter or via a piggyback fuse to the fuse box
I purchased an extra long mini USB lead which I routed up the passenger side a pillar then tucked it up behind the passenger side sun visor and then exits above the interior mirror(rear view) this in turn connected to my dash cam which is located just under said mirror.
Then routed my mic cable for the stereo (for hands free fone via Bluetooth) under the dash panel beneath the steering wheel and up the drivers side a pillar
My stereo is fitted to a single din fascia panel which has a cubbyhole at the top which is where my iPod lives and is plugged into the USB port on the front of the stereo
You'll find when done this way all the wires are tucked into the car in a tidy manner
I have a spare single din panel should you require one
I also have spare a kenwood iPod interface too
Quite useful if you have a kenwood unit as it plugs into the rear of the head unit in the cd changer socket and therefore yr iPod can live in yr glovebox out of sight
Regards
Chris

Last edited by Stickman; 27th December 2016 at 20:55.. Reason: Bad spellings
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote