View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2015, 22:01   #8
Chappy 2
Regular poster

Rover 75 Club SE Tourer

Thanks everyone for all your help and advice.

I think I have just seen my Knight in shining armour....

The very nice guy who sold me my shiny new Tourer has contacted me and said that he will tow it home and either repair it or will offer a better price than the local scrappy. Dah Dah.... So who said there wasn't a God. He must have looked down and said "LOOK AT THAT POOR ***, NOW WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP"

Then along came Fred... For that is his name. And my trusty old V6 said "And I shall go to the ball"...

So I have put my spare key in the post for Fred to work his magic.
And I shall follow this with all the necessary documents. I just feel rather guilty that before we left the scene of the breakdown, I was persuaded by my son to remove any spares I might need for my new Tourer. So we removed personnel items like umbrellas, walking sticks headache tablets etc and also the spare tyre (brand new) and the nice mats (sorry Fred)
But as a consolation, just before the clutch hit the floor I had filled the old girl to the gunnel's to see us home. And that really hurt (almost brought tears to my eyes) So serve me right.....

So thank you all for your help and sympathy and I will now shut up and leave you all in peace. My wife tells me I just keep on blathering and don't know when to stop....

Cheers
Chappy 2 is offline   Reply With Quote