Thread: Windows 10
View Single Post
Old 25th February 2017, 02:57   #23
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Recently upgraded to 10 and although not generally advertised by MS it was still possible to do so only a few days ago from my version of 7 using the "assistive technologies" route - which I used legitimately but there were no checks. First impressions, GUI is a bit on the square and blocky side in comparison to 7, Vista and XP but it is early days and it might grow on me. Speed is now good again and a great improvement on what I had previously experienced for some time with a failing Vista os, booting and shut-down times in particular are a much welcome improvement.

I used 7 briefly before upgrading to 10 after being a long-term Vista user, and while 7 was tempting I felt that the future rests with 10 and that it would merely be putting off the inevitable. The only glitch after upgrading is a red light now shining out of the headphone socket, started with 7 actually and I believe that it might be an optical sound signal. Possibly a driver issue and if so not sure if it will be fixable, disabling the sound card switches the light off but that kills all sound too.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote