View Single Post
Old 4th April 2017, 11:10   #36
Pruts3r
Avid contributor

1999 Rover 75 Sterling - Pewter Grey - Aubergine Leather & 1985 Rover 3500 Vitesse - Targa Red

Well its been a month. Kept checking her. Changed heater matrix so now heater works on both sides. Cut the heater matrix open and it was clogged up Sow that needed changing.

Now for the coolant mistery. Coolant stil keeps dropping with no trace. But What i did notice is that after driving her and letting het cool down for like 6 hours the coolant level is HIGHER then it was before the trip. Next day stil at he same HIGH point. After a few days then suddenly low again or after the next trip is low again.

A RISING in coolant on a cooled down engine is a sign of air getting in right? (Headgasket? Exhaust manifolt or inlet manifolt gasket?)

Also i thouroghly cleaned the space under the oilfiller cap of mayo that was there. And the mayo slowly came back. Building up bit by bit after Esch trip. I made sure NOT to take the car for short trips. Only long drives of minimum 30 minutes.

Headgasket getting more obvious right? (I dont mind anymore. Just want to know so that i van finally get her fixed, whatever the costs)

Hope i get it figured out before our vacation to the southcoats of England this summer. We want to take that trip with the 75
•Born on Wednesday the 23rd of June 1999 @ 11:35:32
•The 6367th 75 to be produced.
•The 214th Pewter Grey 75 out of 442.
•Probably one of a handful Pewters with Aubergine.

Last edited by Pruts3r; 4th April 2017 at 11:12..
Pruts3r is offline   Reply With Quote