View Single Post
Old 12th January 2017, 09:31   #2
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBC John View Post
I've just joined your forum for a short while to give away a 75 spare wheel and jacking kit (see post in the freebie section) but thought I'd say hello and relate my 75-ownership experience.
Some years back (2000) I was lucky enough to be given a Rover 75 Connoisseur Tourer as a company car having previously had a Rover 600. I had it for 3 years and 96k miles at which point it was changed for another 75 Connoisseur but a saloon this time. I also had this for 3 years and a similar mileage.
Company cars stopped at that point as I moved jobs and I bought a Jaguar X-Type 2.2d Sovereign and now own a Jaguar XF-S Portfolio.
Comparison: There is no doubt that the Jags are very nice cars and certainly the V6 diesel in the XF is probably the smoothest engine (diesel or petrol) I've ever driven. But . . . . . I maintain to this day that the interior of both 75s was equal to (and in some ways superior to) the Jags. I really miss the seats and the walnut and leather steering wheels. Had Rover not gone bump a few months after I took delivery of my second 75, I am sure I'd still be driving it's modern equivalent today.
I'm really please to find that there is still a thriving and proud owners community. Long may you continue!!
Welcome John, the R75 and MG`s do tug the heart strings don`t they ?
You now know where to be if you ever have the desire to own one, they can still be bought for reasonable cash. good examples are out there.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote