View Single Post
Old 8th October 2010, 19:45   #9
kennylenny

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi Guys do you think I've a stat problem and is there a goo way to check?I have been sat in traffic and the temperature gauge starts to rise - hits 12 o'clock - engine overheat warning comes on - I pull away and the temperature gauge returns to the usual 9 o'clock. I finally get home - open the bonnet to make sure I can't see anything untoward with the engine running, waiting for the temperature to go up again and.....nothing. The fan kicks in ok and the temp gauge stays at 9 o'clock. This has happened a couple of times with me getting home and checking and it's never happened when I'm waiting for it to do so. I drive 75 miles - no problem. I drive 75 miles back - no problem. I then stop the engine , leave it 10 minutes, sit in a small jam and the gauge rises again! Drive home let the engine run whilst sat on the drive, waiting for it to rise again and.....nothing. The temp gauge is fine. I'd already had the head gasket and thermostat done 8000 miles ago so does it sound like it's the stat again?
Thanks
Ken

Whoops - should have said - 2.5l KV6
kennylenny is offline   Reply With Quote