Thread: Overturned
View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2017, 21:14   #16
IverRover
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0ltr V6 Connoisseur SE Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bone View Post
I'm on my third Shogun in 18yrs and have towed a caravan to most parts of the UK using one. I've been overtaken by other drivers towing caravans, trailers and more than once a horsebox, some in 4x4's and some in cars.

It seems from some of the posts on here that some people dont like 4x4s.
If my comments have caused offense to you by questioning the mentality of some road users including '4x4 drivers' the that was not my intention. The intention was to pass on my personal observation of other caravaners particularly on the dual carriageways and motorways. I do not plod alone like driving Miss Daisy but I am also aware of the speed limits, other road users, and effects on my caravan when passing other vehicles or being passed by them, and am left shaking my head in disbelief at times by the behaviour of the minority of what I deem irresponsible drivers simply driving too fast with their caravan, and all too often I have noticed that it has been (but not solely restricted to), drivers in 4x4 type vehicles. It's not a case of not liking 4x4's, Lord knows I would love a Jeep Grand Cherokee, it was just my observation.
IverRover is offline   Reply With Quote