View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2017, 21:36   #17
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IverRover View Post
If my comments have caused offense to you by questioning the mentality of some road users including '4x4 drivers' the that was not my intention. The intention was to pass on my personal observation of other caravaners particularly on the dual carriageways and motorways. I do not plod alone like driving Miss Daisy but I am also aware of the speed limits, other road users, and effects on my caravan when passing other vehicles or being passed by them, and am left shaking my head in disbelief at times by the behaviour of the minority of what I deem irresponsible drivers simply driving too fast with their caravan, and all too often I have noticed that it has been (but not solely restricted to), drivers in 4x4 type vehicles. It's not a case of not liking 4x4's, Lord knows I would love a Jeep Grand Cherokee, it was just my observation.
You and me both Tony, again no objection tom4x4 users, I too have seen the idiotic driving of a minority, I'm plodding along quite steadily at 55/60, and have seen twin axle caravans being towed at 70 plus. Some drivers just seem to think they can drive with the caravan in tow the same way as they do without it. I did the towing and manouvering course and we watched a video of what can go wrong when towing at excess speed. It's not just 4x4s either, large family saloons and estates are just as guilty.