View Single Post
Old 21st April 2008, 07:51   #9
davediamond
Loves to post

Commission No. 001055

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJacko View Post
Or is the current Band G JUST for vehicles newer than Mar '06? (which might explain the inconsistencies I'm seeing).
Yes you are correct. The current band G (valid until 13th March 09) is for cars over 226g/km registered on or after 23rd March 2006 only so your 2002 75 comes under band F as it was registered prior to this date. Interestingly, your car could emit 1000g/km and it would still only cost you £210 until 2009

Quote:
And if so, is this 'age threshold' (and the 2001 one too) going to roll forward as we progress over the years, and have the older cars fall out of the higher-end of the system (which would be fairer, imho, given the infeasibly stupid tax-to-value ratios that would accrue, otherwise).
Who knows the answer to this one

Quote:
Spitting feathers, me... that Darling 'fellow' needs stringing up, imho...
I'm not to happy myself BUT at least my 52 plate 2.5 V6 160 falls just under the top 2 bands at 225g/km, if I had a 2ltr V6 I would be well cheesed off at having to pay the same as the ZT190.

Just to summerise, the figures I quoted in my first post are correct for your future VED. (you may as well get yourself a nice 2.5 V6 75 or better still a ZT190.)

Dave