View Single Post
Old 4th April 2010, 19:44   #16
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb63 View Post
the cooling system has been bled that many times i have shares in oat .

the matrix has been out and descaled , brand new rad , new moded cooling rail . the heater motor is working fine on all speeds , coolant level stays the same when checked at cold , deff sure the correct ammount 7.2 ltrs has gone in measured , system comes up to temp ok and stops at just a fraction under 9 oclock and stays there even in traffic fan kicks in , air con was serviced at the same time as new rad and kenlow fan and works fine ............. , i have extended the expansion pipework to above the hight of the bonnett the other day when refilling the system as a gravity system fills better the more head hight there is ...... the only thing it can be is an air lock but i just cant believe it the temp on the flow and return of the matrix is red hot not done a temp test as its ****** hot . will run her for a few weeks and if it is an air lock hopefully it will make its way to the highest point expansion tank ........... the air that is been blown out is ok , but not banging red hot. if still the same in a few weeks will have to invest in a pella and try that ........... ah well at least the weather is getting warmer and my air con is a1
have you tried taking the cap off the header tank, then squeezing the bottom hose near the rad, then work your way up squeezing all the water pipes you can get to?