View Single Post
Old 28th April 2011, 20:56   #5
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
A T4 should tell you which of the 4 sensors is causing the light to come on. It wont tell you if it is the sensor, the cable or the magnetic ring though. It could even be an ABS main unit fault

Pretty comprihensive explanation of the Air bag light already given unless the car has been in an accident and the airbags have been deployed at some time, then the crash data would need to be removed from the main airbag unit.
Cheers Stocktake - that expands on what I was looking at, and the info posted.

I think the Airbag light *should* be the easier of the two to sort, and with regards to the ABS, I am going to expect the worst, and hope for the best, but given the prices of all parts concerned, it *shouldn't* be too bad. I think with the ABS, it's replacing the sensors that is more of an issue? (fitting / replacing wise).

I had a look through the MOT history, and before the car was sold back in 2008 it failed an MOT due to the ABS light being on and indicating an issue. It then passed about a week later and was sold - I doubt it went onto a T4 / had the ABS diagnosed correctly so it looks like it was done as a quick fix to mot and sell - as correctly guessed I believe - so thats my working theory on when it happened. Been through MOT's since, the latest in Feb which was just before I got it, but now is the time to get it fixed, properly, and know it's all working and honest.
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote