View Single Post
Old 1st February 2024, 02:26   #15
Sonestarick
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Thumbs up HGF Issue

Simon, Russell Walsh /MG-Rover Solutions contacted me this eve' and after a brief conversation he sounded confident my problem was HGF and he could address the work on my driveway without much problem. I asked about extra work such as replacing the thermostat / housing with an uprated unit from MGRS Southampton. Meantime I will sort out any other parts to replace when the heads are off, I will look to replace the coil pack that is misfiring but will check the other 5 when at it. After talking with Russell we concluded that as the cam belt, water pump etc was replaced approx' 2 years / K14 miles ago there would be no need to replace them unless any signs of wear etc is in evidence. He did say that the HGF issue does not in his experience happen often and hopefully the heads are not warped or cracked. All sounds very encouraging so I will look forward to Feb 17th when Russell is due to carry out the work and the 75' will be on the road again but I must be prepared for any surprises that may crop up!! Meanwhile I am in the process of making sure there will be enough room in the garage for the car for him to do the work in case the weather is not too friendly. I will keep you posted
Cheers Rick'.
Sonestarick is offline   Reply With Quote