View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2017, 00:03   #1
RC1407

Rover 75 1.8 connoisseur se

Default Think "Reg" is dead.....

Hi everyone... I need some help and some sound advice..

I have a 75 2004 with 123800 miles on the clock.

Monday I had taken it into the garage into have its heater matrix flushed as it only produced Luke warm air out of the heater..

Fast forward a few hours get a call from the garage saying he's done the flush but it looked like there was no water in the radiator and he suspects that the head gasket has gone and now seems to be miss firing and the engine management light has come on..

I later pick the car up and sure enough there is a Miss fire and engine management light is on.. I've tried to look my self at the signs of a head gasket blowing like white smoke or mayo on the filler cap but nothing.

I have the cover off to where the sparks plugs are located and just go about checking to see if one of them had become loose to cause the miss fire but found on number 4 there was a water/oil mix down the spark plug tube..

I'm not sure where this could of come from plus the garage has said that to replace the head gasket it would cost around £500.. my dilemma is it bought the car last year for £500 and it has over 123k miles is it worth repairing or should I send him to the car grave yard in the sky?

Many thanks for reading this and hope for a reply or two

RC
RC1407 is offline   Reply With Quote