Old 29th April 2017, 11:46   #62
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Brian,

There is room on this forum for all views to be expressed without you making unnecessary, insulting remarks when I happen to hold a different one to you.

Please try not to be so provocative. You have the majority on your side anyway, so what's your problem?

Simon
Hi Simon. I have no axe to grind either way on this post, but, taking all things equally, I do not think Brian was being provocative by holding a different view to anyone. The facts are in the first post,I.e. Should I change the belts before I drive it 1600 miles, or will it be ok as I can not afford to get the belts done yet. Both of us know that the belts have a supposed life of whatever RoverMG say they have from experience, not from a guess. I have always looked upon servicing my cars that I have owned over many years as a certain nescessary item based on either time or mileage. I have never had anything go bang on any engine I have had anything to do with over the years. Brian was saying more or less what I would say about changing belts on time, or even before. Not to do so on my opinion is possibly throwing money away. So although I have never had any dealings with Brian on anything, I have to agree with everything he has said on this post. This is not a slight on you, just that to risk an engine going bang because of what amounts to negligence is tantamount to throwing your money down a drain. We all say that servicing is nescesary, so why not stick to what we are told about the belts by RoverMG?