Old 16th April 2024, 09:31   #9
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts
Default Just me Moaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
Many thanks for that Phil. The first thing for me to say is that I have had a temporary lurgy. I do realize that there are many, many people who suffer illnesses continually, but I am disappointed that I picked this up. I am getting over it, though several effects are still lingering.

With call centres, I understand the employees are not to blame, but the system lets them down with poor, if any training. By "acknowledging" you are in a queue, allows that system to declare they have answered your call. If you end the call at any stage , that does not register. It's frustrating, and that along with a warning of abuse, get an answer from me "that person represents the company or organization" but I do not abuse but make comments accompanied by me reminding "the system" that it exists and should "listen".

Thanks again Phil,

Fred (planenut)

Cheers Fred

It’s great to hear you are getting over it despite the effects staying around you. I am sorry you are having to go through this and that you have had to change your plans.

Thank you for reminding us about the call centre practices and etiquette.

Just before Christmas at 04:00 Jessica had to call 999. I had collapsed on the toilet following a bout of food poisoning.

The diarrhoea had triggered off the Vagal nerve to make me pass out onto the bathroom floor hitting my head on a basin.

I thought “this is it, I am a gonner”. I couldn’t breathe properly as every breath was a struggle and I had chest pains. Then the imagination kicks in fearing the worst.

The call operator asked Jessica to use her phone and go “live” videoing me whilst I was on the floor. We were impressed by the call operator’s guidance. As you know they follow a procedure for every caller and have to prioritise. The call centre is manned by professionals who are trained and as you know not every caller is appreciative of how the call centre staff are doing their best to help.

Within 20 minutes 2 ambulance crew arrived at our flat. A cardiac monitor was attached to my chest and the 2 lovely ladies set up an IVI. They sprayed GTN under my tongue and the pain in the chest went away. They had a machine to massage the heart in case it stopped.

05:00 I was in resuscitation at Southmead Hospital. The heart was running in the low 30’s and irregular. Heart block and dehydration was diagnosed. I was transferred and admitted into Coronary Care.

I guess I was one of the lucky ones whereby 999 worked and there were no delays. We were grateful, is an understatement …..I am doing well 😀

Hopefully things will pick for you soon.

Thank you
Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 16th April 2024 at 09:35..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote