Old 10th February 2008, 08:00   #2
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondweed View Post
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOW-NOTE-CAR-H...QQcmdZViewItem
saw this - would this fit for the Project Drive deletion, and where does it go... i.e. is the wiring still there? Is it the high or low tone one that is missing?! Brown and Gammons also have sets of the hi and low claxon.
Did this mod to mine and much better. There were other threads on this but cant find them. Got my horn from Brown & Gammons but cant remember if it was the high or low tone - someone else will be along to confirm no doubt.

The horn from Brown & Gammons comes complete with fixing bracket and whilst not exactly the right one it can be easily adapted.

You will have to remove the front bumper to do it and you will see the existing horn towards the right hand side, look over to the left and you will see a threaded hole where you can fit the other one - the under bonnet bumper fixing bolts are the same thread and i used one of those to get the job done whilst the bumper was off, and replaced the missing one under the bonnet later.

I also had to cut a small amount off the polystyrene block that sits behind the bumper so it would fit back on as the new horn was catching it slightly.

There was no " ready " wiring on mine but a simple job to feed of the terminals on the existing horn.

A few members have done this mod and it makes a vast improvement.

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 10th February 2008 at 08:13..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote