View Single Post
Old 20th March 2017, 09:14   #4
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh007 View Post
A good idea penalising the drivers that cause or are more likely to cause accidents.
It's a shame then that they punish every law abiding driver with a price hike.
My opinion is this:
Insurance is a 'risk' game in that they take a chance that any driver they insure is going to be a good driver & not have/cause an accident.
For all the people that claim & they have to pay out on, I'm sure the ones that don't claim far outweigh this.
I'm a prime example, 37yrs of driving & I've never made a claim so I have never had anything back out of them.
Agreed - but it seems that the underwriters are hinting that whilst the NCB system works for those who do not have accidents - the recent trend of insurance companies keeping their costs down by trying to force 50/50 or "knock for knock" settlements is no longer going to be as attractive to them.

If this means that from now on the idiots that drive a couple of feet from the car in front and those that insist on using their phones whilst driving end up paying what they deserve to pay - rather than the cost of their stupidity being spread over all of us - then I am all for that.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote