View Single Post
Old 21st March 2017, 19:43   #9
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Only claim I ever made was when a car was stolen. It was parked on my yard, locked, with a crook lock on, and was an ancient Fiesta Popular I inherited from my Nan when she died. The insurance was £150 a year, and they claimed it was worth £100, with a £50 excess. I got £50 for the car, and when the insurance premium came in, not only had it trebled in price, I had to disclose this as a claim on all other policies pushing my premiums up even though I had 18 years ncb.

My question was, and is, if you have protected ncb, that you pay for in the options upon renewal, why then does your premium rise if you make a claim? Surely you are protected from that by the extra money you pay in order to protect the ncb? So someone stealing my worthless car ended up costing me about 5 times the value of the payout in increased premiums and I had to state the claim for 5 years, even though the car was stolen, so not my fault, but because I claimed, it apparently was my fault and legally needed to be declared.

For £50!

I hate insurance companies.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote