View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2017, 22:05   #34
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
My thoughts are take the maximum commute you can. No one can know what the future holds and you have no certainty your pension payments will not be reduced or in some cases disappear!! it happens. You can invest/fritter away or what ever that money but its yours to .do what you want with. And if you do get a lump some consider this. Use half of it to buy a large tranch of Premium Bonds, you only have to keep them for one month or more and you could win, big. PS I'm not the Chancellor. Two people I know did this in the last 3years and both won 4figure amounts. Best of luck and remember every day your retired is a win for you and yours. Chris.S.
I remember being told that I would find it boring being retired after having such a pressured work life. I was determined to live like it was the last day. So far, life has been a bit like a dreamtime. Luckily my health has been aok up until now. First three/four years we travelled all over the place. I have to drive because ny wife has developed Menieres so the ferry and flying is out for us. Good job I still enjoy driving. I took the 25% lump sum and enjoyed it up to the hilt. I don't intend staying in watching the square box and picking fluff out of my naval. Go out and enjoy life. You don't get a second chance Chris. Best of British to you on your retirement. .