View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2017, 16:10   #10
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Winter Fuel. The latest proposals (being means tested) will be based on income and relate to those with incomes over or below a certain limit, the value of a house will not be considered. Oh, and you are nobody’s fool Harry.
If it is tested solely on income, then I am not unhappy with that. It just comes in a week when I lost a few hundred to the Council, simply for no claiming or not even knowing to claim. Jean gets a benefit, but what I didn't know was that it entitled me to a large discount in Council Tax. In part they made the error, I advised them there were now two adults in the house, they never asked who, nor sent a form to see if we might be entitled to some discount. They did not even know Jean's name, until I realised there was a discount available and I began the claim procedure in April this year.

I have overpaid for 15 months - yes they have agreed to back date the claim 3 months. They will not repay retrospectively, so it is gone. On the other hand if they made an error and under charged, they would pursue me for it no matter how long ago.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote