Thread: New from BT
View Single Post
Old 26th January 2017, 06:12   #20
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
So BT Home Hubs are good for their price (usually free or subsidised cost): fair enough, they aren't the worst (as I said).
So, having stated that BT usually charges 2-3 times what a piece of equipment should cost, you now say that the Home Hub is "good for the price"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post

I currently have PN version the of the Home Hub unit. It's quite basic and has very few useful features beyond the absolute basics, but does perform well enough in what it does do. However if I was spending over £70 on a Broadband router & WiFi I'd expect a lot richer feature set. (I got this one for free from PN) and am considering an upgrade to provide the features I want in a broadband router solution.
Actually, if you read the one of the reviews above, the headline is "BT Smart Hub review: The best ISP-supplied router bar none

"

It is the only router to get 5* out of all the routers costing up to £200.

These ISP routers are designed to provide the features required by 99.9% of the public and the BT one provides excellent performance, build quality etc. as well. It is the performance that is relevant to 99.9% of the consumer market, not complex WAN onfigurations etc.

If you need more features, spend circa £300 and buy yourself a Drayek Vigor or £1k and buy a CISCO.

The fact that you use a BT Hub, despite the above views, says it all really.

Last edited by MSS; 26th January 2017 at 06:14..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote