View Single Post
Old 21st March 2017, 23:33   #8
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IverRover View Post
It can be a very dark area being bullied. Comes in many different forms and can come from people you know, people you don't, and people........Who you should have been able to trust.

I am 50 and I wouldn't have the faintest idea where to start . "Man up", "Get over it, it was 35/40 years ago", "don't be pathetic", are things that get said so you just keep it festering inside.
I wasn't clipped round the ear or given the odd smack on the backside by my ex-stepfather, I was punched, hit with trainers or plimsolls, and when he felt like it, the riding crop used to leave it's mark across my legs, buttocks and back for weeks. That in itself lead to teasing and bullying at school when it came to why you didn't want to change or shower with everyone after school sports.
I wasn't allowed to watch TV unless his own kids were watching it.
This is just the tip of the iceberg and I don't think you all probably want to read more. It still hurts thinking back and that nothing now can be done to erase those memories.
'Be careful what you wish for......" Well I wish I'd had the courage to be stronger and get away. Many a time of crumbling into a dark space thinking end it end it. In a way the bullying still continues because this long after it is still so vividly there.
So tell someone, once you start, you just might not be able to stop and I don't want all that pain and what comes with it again. People I trusted did this to me, and others let it happen. Why should I, now a grown man haha, trust someone enough to tell all.
Wish I hadn't started to type this now.
Night all
Such an honest post
I don't know what to say because I was never in the same position but I admire you for your honesty. I have known harden men that where beat upon by their parents

Opens up a bigger scope to bullying.
As a previous S/W I have seen bullying with older adults also.