View Single Post
Old 16th February 2012, 09:12   #1
Spôôk
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Conn. SE

Default DYNAVIN (Android) SD Card FAQ

SD Cards seem to be one of the major issues people are having with the Dynavin.
I have had my share of fun with this and maybe some of you can benefit from that. Thus this thread.

Bootable SD card
If you are going to re-install or upgrade the Android system you should use a 2GB SD card (it is usually supplied with the unit).

The card must be formatted as BOOTABLE. This is not as straight forward as it may sound.

1. You need a "special" program to do this. Personally I use EASEUS, which is free (google search for Easeus Partition Manager). But there are probably many other programs that will do the job.
2. Insert the SD-card in your PC (you may need a USB adapter).
3. Open EASEUS (or whatever program you ended up with).
4. Select the 2 GB SD-Card.
5. Select "PARTITION" in the menu
6. Select "Make Partition ACTIVE" - THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! If you don't do this the Dynavin will NOT install updates or re-installs. It is obvious from countless questions that People neglect this.
7. Now you can format the SD card:
a. Select "Format" in the menu.
b. Select FAT and 8 KB sectors
NOTE: CHECK and RE-CHECK that you are formatting the SD card and NOT SOMETHING ELSE BEFORE CLICKING OK.
8. Now you can move or copy the update files to the SD card.
9. Before turning on the ignition, insert the SD Card in the Dynavin card slot.
10. Turn ignition.
11. Wait for Dynavin to start and watch for install progress.
DO NOT TURN OFF THE IGNITION OR TOUCH ANYTHING DURING THE INSTALL.
It will take 5-10 mins. When finished it will say "Remove SD card" or something similar (Chinglese). Turn OFF the ignition. Remove the Card. Turn ignition - AND WAIT.............................................. ..
Be patient it takes a loooooooong time before the Dynavin becomes active. I havent timed it, but it feels like 10-15 mins.
NOW YOU ARE DONE.

Enjoy.