Thread: My MG6 thread
View Single Post
Old 12th November 2015, 16:19   #4
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

Hi Matt

Thanks very much for the comments! it is a 1.8 TCi tech, I had read on the facebook page that a lot of people seem to have problems with the engine being jerky and riding the clutch but mine drives really well and iv never found myself riding the clutch to pull away smoothly so it must have the revised map, I was also worried about the clutch when I bought the car after reading all the comments but it pulls fine and no clutch slip at all.

The only thing im waiting on coming is the map sd card, the dealer I bought it from sent me an sd card but its not the correct one for the car, I contacted navteq (or here maps as they are now called) but they were unable to give me the unlock code and told me to go back to the dealer so im waiting on a new sd card being authorised then sent out. only thing is its not an MG dealer I bought it from but they did promise to get it working for me when I bought the car.

im really enjoying the car and although I was worried at first after buying it if I had done the right thing im now in no doubt that I have