View Single Post
Old 25th April 2017, 17:23   #1
anutz
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+

Default Starts then dies....

Hi All,

I am new to owning this car, its a MG ZT 190+ and in Red.

Its done 149000 miles and has had one previous owner who has never let it want for anything, so i have been trying to follow suit.

Has been fine in terms of engine performance and pull and never had any major work needed i.e. head gaskets etc.

Has the "Fabled Orange Clip" mod, i did not do this but i know its been done.

Today i got back from a trip and went into a shop, came back out, and it would not start.

The internal electronics were fine, i.e. dash and dials, i could turn it over and the starter turned, and it does very briefly fire, i.e. combusts, but its coughing and spluttering, and never finds and idle or revs as usual on startup

Earlier in the day for a brief second i did feel like it was hesitating whilst around 3-4K on the motorway but then it was fine until this.

I was recovered home, and the report said it was showing via, 02 sensor suspected fuel lean, i forget which bank but i will check with my own tools later, when i find them

Reason i post is, in discussing with a friend as well, could this be a symptom of something else, we were thinking fuel pressure, or has a 02 sensor gone.

Any advice on what to check to add weight to it being a sensor or not etc

Any comments or input welcome, trying to understand what may explain the behaviour.

Will try to get a clip of it starting uploaded, or not start etc.

Thanks

Anutz
anutz is offline   Reply With Quote