View Single Post
Old 28th April 2017, 10:32   #42
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Let's look at this evidence then Brian and put it into context. The difference between that engine and mine is that a main dealer workshop was involved. You cannot rule out careless workmanship when this belt was fitted. We read about it all the time don't we; problems with cars that have been maintained by the trade. You have corrected the damage yourself on many occasions, including this one.

There is a cause; you just are not inclined to consider it because it's easier to impress people with your dramatic stories.

My goodness, yet another defamatory remark. Why are you so afraid of a logical argument which opposes your own? You are displaying intolerance and insecurity Brian. Some might be reconsidering whether to use your services in the future.

By the way, here is what you fellow trader, Big Russ, posted on the subject two years ago:

"The belts on our cars do not spontaneously break on their own no matter what age or mileage they've done
Belt breakage in almost all cases has been caused by the tensioner, idler wheel, water pump or covers interfering with the belt."

Has Russ got his head in the sand as well? Does he obviously neglect his own cars and his customers' cars?

Simon
Well the careless main dealer workmanship lasted for over seven years Simon, I have the greatest respect for you in other areas, however consider why MGR specified the change intervals, consider why the manufacturers of the components date them, and consider yourself lucky when you finally get around to doing the job hopefully before it is too late, that you'll be doing it yourself

Your car is on borrowed time in regards to this, and any motor engineer worth his salt will tell you the same.

It comes across as you are afraid to do the job, perhaps it's a little too complex for you, or you don't wish to spend the money on an eighteen year old car

I'm not insecure either Simon, rather the opposite, I am secure in the knowledge that my car is being maintained correctly as per the manufactures guidelines

I'm off to the machine shop now with a cylinder head to have it skimmed

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote