View Single Post
Old 4th January 2008, 16:47   #7
Johnny2R
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Default Strikes again!

Hmm, the mysterious complete non-starting has occurred again. I just had an MOT test done (which the car passed, to my relief), and the mechanic could not start the car to drive it away from the test bay. Same again, turns over without so much as a cough. He said he had initially locked the car, then immediately unlocked it again before attempting to drive away (once again a slightly unusual sequence of actions).

I was completely unable to start it, despite numerous locks, unlocks, etc. Then I opened the bonnet, unplugged the RoverRon Synergy unit, plugged it back in again but turned it off, and then it started straight away. So, I turned off the engine and turned the Synergy back on and tried again. Once again it started fine. What might this point to? I doubt it's a fault with the Synergy because on the previous occasions when the problem has occurred, I haven't done what I did this time. It seems to me in some way ECU related, but I can't think how.

Incidentally, the smoke reading in the MOT test was negligible, despite the Synergy being on its highest setting (10), which I'm very pleased with. The engine runs wonderfully and certainly doesn't show its 166,000 miles.
Johnny2R is offline   Reply With Quote