View Single Post
Old 20th November 2009, 20:15   #7
Matt1960
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDT Tourer

JRT, thank you for your comments.
Yes for me this time it was a pig of a job. I had looked in the Haynes manual and they wanted to take lots of bits off including the water pump.
The only reason that I can see for taking the pump off is to enable the whole unit to be drawn away from that horrible rigid coolant rail that leads behind the engine.
What do you or any of the experts think about my idea to mod the pipe with a short length of silicone coolant tubing. Do you think it would work, because if it could then the job becomes a reletive breeze. In fact with the right tools, it wouldnt surprise me if it would even take 1 1/2 hours, start to finish with very little taken off to do it, just the engine covers, the turbo duct which just pulls off and the black engine bracket which swings up out of the way with 3 15mm bolts to undo.
Anyway, I will try to access the temp data when I have time to find out how (I did come across some threads on it), but there is no doubt the heater is working very well now, and the guage is showing bang on the half mark which it never did before.
Matt
Matt1960 is offline   Reply With Quote