View Single Post
Old 12th April 2014, 13:35   #1
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

Default **SOLD AGAIN** Midnight blue Connoisseur 2.5

SOLD due to another project (ZT-T) being purchase, and this one being almost sorted.

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 in Midnight blue with Sandstone interior.

Purchase this nearly 2 years ago from a member as it had failed it's MOT, and after initially deciding to sort it, he decided to move on.

His for sale thread here. http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...light=midnight

As you can see, she needed a fair amount of work done to the front suspension, which turned out to be more still.

Both springs were in fact broken, and after matching up the aftermarket spring he had already purchased, I had them fitted. The original top mounts were seized to the shockers, so I ended up replacing both front shocks (KYB), both droplinks, both genuine top mounts, both bottom arms, and both bottom arm bushes.

The springs turned out to be completely wrong for the car ( heavy duty apparantly ) , and damaged the brand new top mounts, so I had to replace both front springs again ( genuine parts from best of british) , and another set of genuine top mount bearings.

The springs were colour coded Green/Purple, the colour code for the car is marked as Green/Blue, but I was informed by B of B that they were the same fitment, and the car sits perfectly, and rides fine, especially compared to the AMK aftermarket springs that were originally fitted.

Link to the springs purchased here. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-75-F...item565043dc89

I also found the fan wasn't working on low speed ,and it had been fitted with a 2 speed (later type) fan, so replaced the silver resistor with a Jules gold resistor, so all works fine again.

Thermostat was leaking, so complete kit fitted.

Timing belt change was stamped at around 86k but dated 2007. I bought a genuine belt kit from Peter Vulcan racing, and had a work colleague help me fit them, along with a conitech water pump. I don't have a garage receipt for this work obviously, but I took a couple of pictures of the work being done, and still have the old parts. This work was done in October 2012, about 4000 miles ago.

I was very lucky, as it appeared that only the main front belt had been changed the first time. The two rear belts were in a bad way.

I polished the headlights, as these were a problem when I took the car for it's MOT, along with new front brake pads ( Pagid) and welded handbrake compensator.

I've also serviced the car, so oil, air and pollen filter changed, along with spark plugs.

She has a pair of Stocktakes self testing VIS motors on at present.

I've fitted an electric rear blind,chrome auto gear selector, and symphony head unit and new genuine sandstone mats to upgrade the interior.

I fitted a replacement front wing in midnight blue, as the original was missing paint along the edge next to the bonnet for some reason. This however does look a slightly darker shade to the door.

There are a couple of dings around the body, and the bumpers are not in perfect condition either.

There is a small amount of damage on the drivers seat base at the back.

The interior blower fan has failed, so I need to replace this before any sale. Replacement is on it's way.Air conditioning is working ( when blower fan was operating ), but to be truthful, the air conditioning condenser has seen better days.

Tyres have decent remaining tread, around 6mm all round.

Auto fluid has been changed, again by my mechanic collegue.

She has just under 130K now, and I've been driving her over my ownership with only one starting problem, which was the starter solenoid. I removed and cleaned the contacts, and she starts fine.

MOT until November 2014, Taxed until end of January 2015. Price including road tax is £800 ( Car £600+ remaining tax £200 )

If there's anything I've missed that you would like to know, please say.

She's not mint by any means, but a nice motor in my opinion. In hindsight, financially she should have probably been scrapped, ( perhaps the same with my next project car ), but seemed to be worth salvaging.

Last edited by Typhoon190; 16th August 2015 at 16:16..
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote