View Single Post
Old 16th December 2015, 20:16   #27
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

Hi Guys N Girls.
Just a short but informative note to add to your posts, although Mr Doodles is not here now and the club has lost a good guy for various reasons, there is nothing at all stopping anybody setting up a meeting throughout any of the regions. The only stipulation (As I understand it) is that the proposed meeting is run past the RS for the region first for his/her approval.
I am within an area with no RS, mainly as I and Steve resigned, so as long as the organising and proper adhesion to the club rules is followed, anybody can do it without compromising themselves. I have a monthly meeting headed under Sausages and Spanners, this by it's name implies that there are BBQ's and the ability to repair & modify cars to a degree and also we usually have Phil T-4 with us who brings so much to each meet in terms of advice, his boxes of tricks as well as a good friend of mine.
My advice is to keep things simple to start with, gain a following and also a good venue, suck it and see. The S & S meets go really well and so much fun both from organising it as well as meeting with great guys!
Hope this helps out in the shadow of the banning of Mr D.
Cheers JohnH.
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote