View Single Post
Old 11th November 2016, 05:34   #3
JB Tourer
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer, MG ZT-T V8, MG ZTV8

Default Uniroyal Rainsports

I have the Uniroyal Rainsport 3 on my V8 after running the previous variation on my CDTi and I can not praise them enough. They are BY FAR, the best tyre I have ever had on my V8 and I would 100% recommend them to any other user with 18 wheels. I have 225x45x18's on the front and 245x40x18's on the back. I ran the same size on my CDTi and it was fantastic. Both cars have Apex wheels.
I did three laps of the Nurburgring with these tyres and the grip in dry was fantastic. I have only tested them in light rain as the V8 doesn't normally go out when its wet, but, in light rain on the German Autobahn at speed they were rock solid.
I have run Continentals and some cheaper variations on the V8 and/or CDTi in the past and would not do so again. These new Uniroyals are fantastic and I think a very underated tyre. Keep it quiet though, otherwise the prices will increase. A bonus is, I think, they are made in the UK......
I know, the Apex wheels are mostly accepted as being half an inch to narrow for a 245 tyre but I have had no issues on either car what so ever.
All the best, Jarrad
JB Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote