Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Hi Phil,

Thanks for your kind comments!
I'm not anywhere near your skill level with photography!! The images you have taken are on a completely different level!
I'm happy with my progress on macro, but want to improve really. Especially on the smaller bugs where I'm not getting the results I'd like.
I think next will be a nice wide angle prime lens, so I can do landscape, architecture and dog portrait pictures.

I was going to buy an Olympus similar to that one last year!
The reason I didn't was I was told lenses were harder to find than that of Nikon and Canon. At the time, I was a complete novice and took the advice as gospel.
I was going to then get a Nikon, but it was out of stock so went for the Canon, because I was too impatient to wait.
All that said, I have played with Nikon and Olympus since and I have to say, the Canon is very easy to use. I couldn't get my head around either Nikon or Olympus. Canon is so easy to use.

Congratulations on the new camera. Absolutely beautiful bit of kit. I can't wait to see your pictures!
Are you on Flickr?
I reciprocate your good wishes, thank you very much Phil. All valid points about Olympus and Nikon. I find the Oly is complexed and its going to take me for ages to understand its tech. Nikon in mirrorless have fallen behind the competition. Nikonites seem to be waiting for ages for Nikon to announce a new concept for their mirrorless models. They need something new to steal the limelight away from Sony. In DSLR, Canon are the leaders. You did well to settle with them Phil for your final choice.

With Flickr, I had to start off from scratch recently. I only have 2 followers https://flic.kr/ps/2W9979
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote