View Single Post
Old 8th January 2016, 22:36   #9
freck
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
It needs a common sense approach. If its something significant like brakes, suspension etc then yeah fair enough and if something that bad was identified then i wouldn't have driven it till repaired anyway, plus would have known about the issue before the test as you can tell when something a wrong. But if its some silly maintenance point which is what mine and my dads have ever failed on that doesn't affect safety then this rules silly.

Its now a massive pain for those of us who work mon-fri and only get saturdays to book mots. So if it fails and you cant get it repaired same day, you now have to wait 7 days before you can get it back on the road.

Just another example of common sense being replaced by brainless rules again.
If it was something significant like brakes, then the MOT tester has the right to stop you from taking your car away from the testing station and it would need to be either repaired there or trailered away.
If it's a trivial thing that it fails on, I always believed that it could be repaired within the test timeslot and then passed. I know this has been done for me when my indicator bulbs were deemed to be too white and the garage replaced them with new orange ones. They didn't charge me any labour either as they said it was included in the cost of the test.

Mods planned - Cruise retrofit - Done, ZT front bumper - Done, 160 remap - Done...and probably one or two more

This vehicle was the 15,751st 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
This vehicle was the 3,726th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur to be made out of 4,100
This vehicle was the 732nd 75 Tourer in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 4,100 Starlight Silver 75 Tourers
freck is offline   Reply With Quote