View Single Post
Old 15th January 2010, 15:19   #28
Lynneth

Rover 75 Saloon

Thumbs up Think I have found the answer

Had the same problem last night - car wouldn't start at al - and this time I was in Tesco car park at 10 pm. Called the AA, who had it going within about three minutes. He said it is a common problem with Rovers and Peugeots. He said that it is a bad connection on the starter motor. He took off the connection, cleaned it, sprayed it with WD40 and it started. He said I should have no more problems.

Hope it is the naswer to everyone else's 'immobiliser' problem

Thank you to all who replied. I really appreciate it

Lynne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynneth View Post
Thank you so much for replying

I have a Rover 75 1.8 petrol car.

I did not see any flashing of headlights, although it was daylight on the two occasions it failed, so may not have noticed.

Also, as previously mentioned, on both occasions, the car did start with no problem, then after stopping the engine for a short while (and removing the key from the ignition), it refused the start again because of the immobiliser.

As far as travelling is concerned, I travel long distances (all over the country) as part of my work, so there is no problem with that.

The car is six years old, so not sure if the battery is the same age as the car or not. It certainly does not seem to have been a problem, and has started every single time since I bought it - until recently. The car has done 60,000 miles (it had 33,000 miles when I bought it) and is manual.

Thank you very much
Lynne
Lynneth is offline   Reply With Quote