View Single Post
Old 27th November 2014, 18:09   #5
rosephus
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 2.0 CDTi 135+

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastPete View Post
Interesting theory, which seems to make sense to me. I am thinking of changing the hydramount on my CDTi (I have already changed the lower engine and gearbox mounts) to remove some residual vibrations at certain engine speeds that result in a dashboard vibration and an irritating buzz from the door locking button on the drivers door (right next to my lughole !). I am also suspicious of the poorer refinement on my present car from it running on lower profile tyres on alloys, compared to 15 inch steel wheels with higher profile rubber on my earlier 75, which was much more refined. In fact, yesterday, I ordered a set of 15 inch steel rims from a scrapyard that are breaking a basic spec 75 classic - 4 rims for 60 quid - I plan to put Goodyear Vector 4 seasons tyres on them (60 pound each for the 195/65 R15s from mytyres) - I expect a quieter, smoother ride on these, but I'll keep folks on here updated.

BTW - is the hydramount change difficult ? - a basic 'how to' post would be helpful, although I can probably work it out for myself once I get the spanners out !

Thanks

Pete

you can solve that door locking buzz by putting some mcdonalds straws over your door locks, cut them down the middle and in half and slide them over. problem solved!
rosephus is offline   Reply With Quote