View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2016, 16:44   #8
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
Threads merged and moved to NAC/SAIC forum.

A shame production is stopping but not a blow to the company I suspect. MG3 & GS will still be available - possibly looking to purchase a 3 in the new year for SWMBO.

Sadly not made in the UK but will no doubt still have a designed in the UK sticker on them To most people though it means nothing as most do not drive UK manufactured cars in any case

Hi.
Thanks Simon for merging the threads, didn't see the other one TBH.
It is a pity the "final" part of assembly has gone. It reminds me of my many years with Skoda when they were "proper" Skoda's. During in the main the Estelle era they came in from Mlada Boleslav and went to Skoda GB's depot in Kings Lynn, they were fitted with a fair bit of British parts from wheels & tyres to the stereo system and other plastic goodies. They were selling nearly 20,000 units at the peak and Kinks Lynn was a busy place. When VW came on the act it all stopped and Skoda GB went to Skoda Auto. Jobs went as did the depot.

The MG3 is a nice little car, my daughter loves it, who wouldn't after a 2003 beetle with 130,000 on the clock
Now I'll say this, the brochure for the MG3 needs to be re-written, it's badly lacking. Her 3Form Sport has much more than is mentioned in the brochure, if they got it done properly and advertised it better then sales would increase.
Fortunately Brysons in Prestwick do a good job and young Michael is full of enthusiasm which is needed for MG.

I do think it's a pity that there is less UK input for the finished car, perhaps all will be fine who knows. We do need the co-operation with China now, they are co partners in building a power station so perhaps we need to think out of the box and rely on them to make a decent car.

Last edited by murphyv310; 23rd September 2016 at 17:01..
murphyv310 is offline   Reply With Quote