View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2017, 20:37   #55
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Default Update door corrosion

After being knocked back twice by Jaguar CRC I contacted two media sources for help. The first one appeared to be the most promising but then suddenly backed out. However I received an e mail from Auto Express and for the last few months I have been communicating with them while they in turn were in contact with Jaguar.
It now looks very likely that a story is going to be in a future issue as earlier this week I spent an hour with a freelance photographer who must have taken about 200 shots of the car and some with me in shot.
Meanwhile Jaguar have taken a U turn as after several phone calls from their Executive Office they have now informed me that they will cover all costs for repairing the car.
That same day I received a call from a Taggarts Jaguar Glasgow who inform me that they are going to replace all four doors.
When this work is done in August I am getting the front bumper re painted and a small repair done to the front wing and I will get the sills re painted. Naturally the body shop would have to "flash over" the adjoining panels for a paint match but I am paying for any additional work required.

I am grateful for the intervention of Auto Express as without them I'm sure the story would have a different ending.

I am relieved this saga is almost over but I am still continuing with my complaint against Parks' Jaguar Ayr who ripped me off for unnecessary suspension repairs.

Watch this space !
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote