View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2017, 08:08   #60
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
After being knocked back twice by Jaguar CRC I contacted two media sources for help. The first one appeared to be the most promising but then suddenly backed out. However I received an e mail from Auto Express and for the last few months I have been communicating with them while they in turn were in contact with Jaguar.
It now looks very likely that a story is going to be in a future issue as earlier this week I spent an hour with a freelance photographer who must have taken about 200 shots of the car and some with me in shot.
Meanwhile Jaguar have taken a U turn as after several phone calls from their Executive Office they have now informed me that they will cover all costs for repairing the car.
That same day I received a call from a Taggarts Jaguar Glasgow who inform me that they are going to replace all four doors.
When this work is done in August I am getting the front bumper re painted and a small repair done to the front wing and I will get the sills re painted. Naturally the body shop would have to "flash over" the adjoining panels for a paint match but I am paying for any additional work required.

I am grateful for the intervention of Auto Express as without them I'm sure the story would have a different ending.

I am relieved this saga is almost over but I am still continuing with my complaint against Parks' Jaguar Ayr who ripped me off for unnecessary suspension repairs.

Watch this space !
Good news Jim.
're Parks, I will say that I would not buy from them again, my Panda bought in Irvine has had two fraudulent services the last was a stamp only in the book with nothing done, as far as I can tell the first year service was not done. The second year service was partially done by an independent, non Fiat oil filter on the car when I got it but that with original plugs, air filter & pollen filter along with dirty oil were proof of the lack of services. They also conned me on a door seal the super glued and told me it was replaced.
Fortunately the little Fiat engines are tough and no harm has been done but it's in the hand of Trading Standards.