View Single Post
Old 24th May 2017, 09:36   #23
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony062622 View Post
When I moved into my present house March last year, the next door neighbour introduced himself, and then in practically the next sentence bragged to me that he,s 58 and only worked officially 12 months in his life due to a "bad back" That doesnt stop him charging for digging over/cutting the grass etc and offering handyman services for money around the area.Why do these people get away with it especially when you hear of genuine people struggling as dont know how to play the system.

What has happened to working for a living? Winge over
We have a father and his grown up adult son just like that. The son even set up a handyman business, advertising on social media. Trouble was, he was far to work shy for it to have any chance of succeeding. He just wanted to earn a few extra bob, below the radar.

What has happened is - they have made it far too easy to not work and just claim, for those in the know. Those not in the know, the genuine ones, often struggle to get what they are entitled to.

Those who are fit and well ought to be made to work, even sweeping the streets for a pittance. There should be no stay at home option, even if they are better off financially at home.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote