View Single Post
Old 24th May 2017, 14:59   #25
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony062622 View Post
I totally agree Harry, I,m 69 later this year have worked all my life in engineering and still am. I worked abroad for a lot of years made great money, worked hard and played hard.By played hard I mean, as my wife then was quite ill two types of cancer before she was 27 given 24 hours at one time,I took the decision to live for today so she saw a bit of the world before she sadly passed away at 48.
Since then I have continued to work to supplement my pensions.
It does make my blood boil when I see so many living the life of reilly having played the system.When I moved into my present house March last year, the next door neighbour introduced himself, and then in practically the next sentence bragged to me that he,s 58 and only worked officially 12 months in his life due to a "bad back" That doesnt stop him charging for digging over/cutting the grass etc and offering handyman services for money around the area.Why do these people get away with it especially when you hear of genuine people struggling as dont know how to play the system.
A colleague of mine, told me a story from his wife who works in benefit office that she used to watch women outside the office prior to appointments,gouging there children on drinks and then when the kids play up say they have various ailments , eg ADHD, etc. to claim more benefits.

What has happened to working for a living? Winge over
they get away with it cos nobody shops them

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote