View Single Post
Old 11th April 2017, 02:15   #18
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Well finally I had a chance to do possible the most awkward that should be simple job on our cars.......

.......joy of joys.

Well I got the car bled up, and horror, what came out of the system, not contaminated fluid like I expected but actual black ENGINE OIL. Used engine oil by the looks of it, either it was the original fluid from factory (which i cant see as the cars at 230k miles) or someone has actually bled it up with engine fluid during a clutch change.

Pedal is now miles better obviously, id say if before was an 8 outta 10 for stiffness (orrr errr matron) now its around a 4 out of 10, my v6 slave is very light so id place it about a 2.5 outta 10 on the same scale with a brand new setup being a 1 out of 10 so im more than happy and even the wife was able to put car in gears without any hassle.

So I finally got to get a drive in her, and my word, what a comfy bus!

Its much more comfortable than my club se 75 auto, but im not sure if I can live with the wallow quite so much. One day I may resolve it, and move the suspension from it onto my other 75 and do something akin to a ztt setup, but thats long off.

For now!
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote