View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2017, 16:29   #2
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
I wiould like to thank Jeff for his perseverance in fitting my Eclipse today, it didn't go to well but he overcame the problems with what type of radio that was in the car, whoever put this radio in had mullered the fixings to make it fit, secondly because I couldn't drop the back seat down he couldn't run the aerial lead to the boot, no matter he adapted the aerial amp just inside the rear pillar.

Jeff if you read this, perhaps you could explain to those who have a Harmon Kardon system fitted the reason why they should inform you before fitting.

Rev
You got home okay then ?

If you have the High Line Double Din it requires an aerial extension to the rear of the car as did Julien's. Usually I run to the boot but the C Pillar is also an option
Also for those doing this you need to splice the steering wheel controls as well.

If on top of this you have the Harman Kardon speaker system and you want to retain the subwoofer function it involves making up a speaker loom from front to rear and splicing the power connections as well.

HarryM1BYT on here has an excellent guide if you wish to do this

P.s. this would be applicable to any after market head unit replacing High Line Double din

The reason we ask beforehand is so that one....We have the aerial extension and Iso to 17 pin BMW connector to hand and two so I can fabricate a speaker loom up before hand on the bench.

Last edited by coolcat; 23rd April 2017 at 16:33..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote