Old 23rd April 2017, 18:36   #3
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
You got home okay then ?

If you have the High Line Double Din it requires an aerial extension to the rear of the car as did Julien's. Usually I run to the boot but the C Pillar is also an option
Also for those doing this you need to splice the steering wheel controls as well.

If on top of this you have the Harman Kardon speaker system and you want to retain the subwoofer function it involves making up a speaker loom from front to rear and splicing the power connections as well.

HarryM1BYT on here has an excellent guide if you wish to do this

P.s. this would be applicable to any after market head unit replacing High Line Double din

The reason we ask beforehand is so that one....We have the aerial extension and Iso to 17 pin BMW connector to hand and two so I can fabricate a speaker loom up before hand on the bench.

Hi Jeff we got home eventually we got onto the A12' and they had shut it after Junction 25. all the traffic was then filtered down to one lane for a diversion around to Stanstead and back onto the 120 /M11. M25,

Should have taken us 1.5hrs, 4hrs in the end, fuel gauge started to go down so changed over LPG, what a life saver.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote